Although it is hard to have inspiration and guidance condensed into a sound bite, I attempt to do this regularly as Icreate quotes and short paragraphs on www.fb.com/CoachMD. Here are twelve that guide me as they come directly from my life experience in and around the time I created them.
1. Usually when someone is angry, all we hear are their angry words. Instead, try hearing the unspoken, “I am scared, I am frustrated, I am insecure, I am vulnerable, I am threatened.”
2. Using someone else’s ruler to measure your self-worth will always leave you short.
3. A genuine teacher does not seek to impress you with their greatness, but instead to impress upon you that you possess the skills to discover your own.
4. Forgiving someone doesn’t give them a free pass. It gives you a free pass to move on.
5. Giving without expectation leads to receiving without limitation.
6. New Day…new opportunity to be grateful for what we have, not bitter for what we don’t.
7. When I remove the layers that say I can’t, I discover a voice that says I should, I can, and I will.
8. If you can continue to smile through hardship and pain, then your moment will come…just be patient.
9. I believe in any religion that puts treating people with respect and dignity above ritual and dogma.
10. Make the right choices, for the right reasons, and the right things will happen.
11. The elimination diet: Remove anger, regret, resentment, guilt, blame, and worry. Then watch your health, and life, improve.
12. Before you find your soul mate, you must first discover your soul.