More often than not, asset prices tend to recover following periods of stretching as the last two weeks demonstrate. In our case, unless we see a recovery in Bitcoin, most coins as Litecoin or EOS for example might extend their losses. Others as Stellar Lumens might be destabilized even after Facebook denying partnership claims. All in all, we remain bearish and unless otherwise, traders should search for selling opportunities in lower time frames.
Let’s have a look at the charts:
EOS Technical Analysis
From the News
- It’s just a matter of when. EOSIO blockchain is working as pitched and with zero transaction fees and mainstream companies as Everipedia launching operations straight from the EOSIO blockchain, the network is the most active according to data from Blocktivity. On a normal day though, the network TPS stands at around 3700 but many project new records once Bancor are through with their cross chain communication.
Our EOS trade plan is on course and solid. With a week over week drop about 28 percent, EOS prices are edging closer to 2018 lows and bear target at $4 following their strong break out below our intermittent support at $7 last week.
While we expect EOS to damp down their losses and even retest recent highs at $6, still sellers should always unload EOS at every high in lower time frames as laid out in our last EOS technical analysis.
If EOS buyers join in pushing prices above Aug 10 highs and $6, then we should expect to see a retest of $7 in line with the general bear break out pattern. In that case, selling opportunities would be found at retests with stops at $8 and first targets at $4.
Litecoin (LTC) Technical Analysis
From the News
- News is, Bitmain–the world’s largest ASIC manufacturer and which grapevine says controls more than 51 percent of Bitcoin’s hash rate, held 931,932 Litecoins by end of Q1 2018. Bitmain wants to go global and with offices all over the world, they are planning on raising $18 billion for expansion purposes via an IPO set to be held at the Hong Kong Stock exchange.
At current prices, Litecoin is $10 away from hitting our first targets at $50. There is a high probability that prices would slide towards $50 but first-and as common when prices collapse like it has been the case in the past two weeks-, we might see a slight recovery retesting immediate resistance at $70.
Notice that while yesterday was bullish, it is Aug 11 high volume bear pin bar candlestick that underpins our analysis. Volumes are high but prices didn’t move lower and instead on Aug 12, we saw higher highs meaning buyers are preparing to edge higher and that’s why I recommend staying neutral today.
Stellar Lumens (XLM) Technical Analysis
From the News
- Well, interesting news that is pushing Stellar platform into the limelight—again! That of Facebook officials visiting Stellar’s offices to “view the crypto landscape” and perhaps determine the direction the social media giant might take. As expected, there was an immediate saturation of news that Facebook was forming a partnership with Stellar pushing XLM prices as a result. Facebook on their part are not new to blockchain. The social media giant has plans of creating their own blockchain and has a team in place led by former CoinBase board member David Marcus.
If we take the positives from those partnership rumors then we can associate that with Stellar Lumens (XLM) higher highs. But, note that despite all these, Aug 8 break out and bear candlestick still confines the last five day’s price action.
This is an automatic damp for bulls and as highlighted before, we shall take a neutral to bear approach in line with our XLM trade plan waiting for prices to close below June lows before entering shorts.
On the positive side of things, Stellar Lumens buyers would be back in contention once they close above 26 cents or Aug 4 highs.
Tron (TRX) Technical Analysis
From the News
- The much sought after domain, blockchain.org is now under Tron. However, Tron would turn it into a Tronix mouthpiece but instead it shall be a news aggregator and search engine service besides being a hub for blockchain big data analysis.
— TRON (TRX) 新聞 (@TronNews_) August 11, 2018
In the last day, Tron is up three percent meaning TRX ended up bullish in the midst of strong bears. Even though we remain bearish, we might see buyers building on yesterday’s higher high and retesting our first layer of resistance at 2.5 cents.
That will be nothing new –this pattern often happens after periods of high volatility—and would provide a perfect entry for sellers. Instead, they should aim for our bear targets at Jan 24 lows in line with our last Tron (TRX) technical analysis.
IOTA (IOT) Technical Analysis
From the News
- After fixing bugs, the IOTA team is working round the clock to release the desktop beta version of the Trinity Wallet.
Relative to other coins in the top 10, IOTA is the worst performer shedding more than 50 percent last week alone. While it is stable in the last day gaining eight percent, that doesn’t mean buyers are back. In fact from candlestick arrangements, we are poised to see further losses this week with sellers hitting our ideal bear target at 30 cents.
Our first targets immediately after we saw a break below 90 cents was at 65 cents and that was hit on Aug 8. Should there be a recovery, then Aug 8 highs at 70 cents will act as our immediate resistance and sell zone for traders aiming to short on every pull back according to our laid out IOTA trade plan.
Disclaimer: Views and opinions expressed are those of the author and aren’t investment advice. Trading of any form involves risk and so do your due diligence before making a trading decision.
The post EOS, Litecoin, Stellar Lumens, Tron, IOTA Technical Analysis: It’s an Altcoin Black Friday appeared first on NewsBTC.
Source: https://s3.amazonaws.com/main-newsbtc-images/2018/03/29105709/cropped-favicon-200×200.png / Author: Dalmas Ngetich